Sunday, November 18, 2012

Wild Ride has ended!

Last night I finished Wild Ride by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer and it was so good! I think what I loved most about this book is the dry sense of humor; I laughed throughout the book. From my previous posts, you know that Mab is hired to restore Dreamland, an amusement park that holds 5 of the most dangerous demons, The Untouchables. Mab doesn't believe in demons or the supernatural; she's career driven and focused on her project. Meanwhile, Ethan comes home from the Army. He has had a near death experience in Afghanistan that's left him depressed and drunk, for lack of a better word. Ethan begins doing security detail for the park until he is called to be apart of the Guardia, those who fight the demons. His mother Glenda, works at Dreamland and is apart of the Guardia also. Ethan fights his calling until he gets a taste of a demon. He meets and falls in love with Weaver, a government agent studying Dreamland and demons and Ethan.  Mab is then called to the Guardia, which of course she wants nothing to do with but then starts helping out for Glenda. I can't give too much away but Ethan and Mab begin fighting the demons together with the rest of the Guardia, while their personal lives also get a little more interesting. This was an easy read and so funny. I'd definitely recommend it. I'd like to check out more by Jennifer Crusie. Anyone read any of her other books? 

Up next.. 
All My Tomorrows by Colette L. Saucier. This is one of the books I bought from the Louisiana Book Festival last month. I was trying to go with a less supernatural read while fighting the urge to read the next Harry Bosch book. Alice McGillicutty has had a drama filled year, with the death of her mother, her relationship ended in disaster and now poor ratings for her long-running soap opera. She begins reading The Edge of Darkness, an old melodramatic paperback she found among her mother's things for creative inspiration. When scandal rips Hollywood bad boy Peter Walsingham off the tabloids and into her studio, Alice doubts the small screen is big enough for his ego. Peter's vanity and arrogance compel Alice to write him out of her script or can she find a role for him in All My Tomorrows? 




My copy is autographed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment