Monday, August 13, 2012

The Hunger Games trilogy

Yes, I am still working on reading the Hunger Games! Books are ALWAYS better than the movie so this time I decided to see the movie first, read the book second. This was a great idea for this trilogy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the movie but I left the theater somewhat confused and with a few questions. This is where the book came in handy, it answered all my questions about details that the movie left out. The book was amazing and so creative. I just finished the second one, which was even better. One of my favorite things about this trilogy is that is no other story line like it. It's very creative and imaginative. I don't know how the author wrote about a whole another world with such detail. And she developed Katniss as such a strong character that everyone can relate to. I've just started the third one and I'm pretty excited, although I've heard that the third one wasn't as good :/. But I won't let that stop me! Stay tuned to read my thoughts about the third book. 



Before the Hunger Games: 
I just had to mentioned the book I read in between the second and third Hunger Games. It was the Shape of Mercy by Susan Meissner. This book was amazing and I recommend everyone read it. I saw this book in new paperback at Barnes and Noble one day for $5 and decided to pick it up. The main reason I decided on this book is because I read The Witches of East End and its sequel The Serpent's Kiss. These books are about hundred year old witches in present day but in the second book they go back to Salem, Ma during the witch trials of the 1690s. The Shape of Mercy begins with a college sophomore, majoring in English looking for a job. She goes on an interview with an old woman who wants her to transcribe a diary written by a woman persecuted in the Salem witch trials. I thought the Salem witch trials was such an interesting story. The book focuses on 3 women as the main characters- the college student, the old woman and the girl in the witch trials. The book is written in the POV of the college student and there are excerpts from the diary.  It was beautifully written. I can't wait to read something else by this author. Being the nerd I am, I researched all about the Salem witch trials and now want to go to Salem, Ma to check out the museum, plus my favorite holiday is Halloween! Hope y'all enjoy it as much as I did...


4 comments:

  1. Yay!! I love this!!

    Teach me how to read books. Once I learn how to do that, I can have some input on your blog posts!
    But surprisingly, I did read the first Hunger Games book. Go Katniss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If Katee can do it, anybody can!! lol Maybe you should start with Fifty Shades of Grey to stir things up! ps. my mom is reading it now and discussing it with me #awkward

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read these Susan Meissner books! I'm going to love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously couldn't put the shape of mercy down! It's was awesome! and an awesome price too lo l

    ReplyDelete