Friday, December 28, 2012

Awkward family photo

Happy Friday y'all!! 

One of these Fridays I'm going to post before 10pm...


How was everyone's Christmas?!


I got tons of goodies! Including a barnes and noble gift card AND The Book of Totally Useless Information :) yea yea I know. My brother, Parker, and I took an extremely awkward photo. That's our only picture from Christmas lol. The dogs got a TON of stuff. Sophie was super excited to open her presents! I had a great time relaxing with the fam on Christmas Day. Can't believe it's already over :( 

~~~~~~~~

I finished reading The Lost Wife by Alyson Richamn and WOW. This was so heartfelt and romantic. This is another WWII/Holocaust book and it was so touching. I cried through the last 30 pages. Lenka, an art student, and Josef, studying medicine, fall in love and marry in prewar Prague (which I learned is in Czechoslovakia). Their dreams are shattered by the Nazi invasion. Josef becomes a successful obstetrician in American but has never forgotten the wife he believes died in the war. But in the Nazi ghetto of Terezin, Lenka survived. Then decades later, an unexpected encounter in New York leads to once more chance for Lenka and Josef. I can't give anything away but this was such a wonderful story. It does go into the details of the Holocaust, which is still so horrifying and we go through Lenka's struggles. She becomes such a strong character. It's a love story wrapped in tragedy and survival. A must read! 


Up next, possibly Michael Connelly? :)


Check out more H54f posts on Lauren's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment