Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Greetings from the beach!

I finally made it to the beach! I had been looking forward to this ALL week! I went to Panama City Beach with my family because my dad and brother were in a golf tournament. They won 2nd place and my brother won closest to the hole! The whole trip was a success, even though it definitely wasn't long enough! My mom and I laid out at the beach while the boys played golf then we met for dinner and shopping!

For this trip, my beach reads were the newest Cosmo and The Family Fang. 


This was a really good issue of Cosmo. I love Zooey Deschanel...and so does my brother lol. There was an awesome article about Helen Gurley Brown, former editor in chief of Cosmo who passed away this month. She seemed like a badass. Also, the current editor in chief, Kate White, has a new book out about how to succeed in your career. I'm definitely going to read this soon. I love her fiction books and she always has great advice in Cosmo. There was a lot more I wanted to write about but I forgot my copy in my beach bag :/. I'll add more soon! 

The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson 


Last month's Cosmo suggested this book as a good beach read and I saw it at BN in the new fiction authors section, which is one of my favorite sections so I had to get it. Annie and Buster Fang have spent most of their adult life trying to distance themselves from their artist parents, Caleb and Camille. But when a bad economy and a few bad decisions coverage, the two siblings end up back home. Annie and Buster then confront not only their parents but the chaos and confusion of their childhood. Basically this book is about a quirky, artsy family. The first few chapters really paint of a picture of their out of box parents and is really funny. I think I'm going to enjoy this! 


Before I left for the beach, I finished Angels Flight by Michael Connelly. Of course it was really good! I did find that this one started off a lot slower than some of the others but it ended with a band as usual. There's a lot of people you can't trust in the book and you don't know who they all are, that's what made this book so interesting. Also, Connelly leaves a lot of questions about Bosch's personal life unanswered. Hopefully in the next book we'll get some answers! Let me know if you enjoy Michael Connelly as much as I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment