Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Record timing

So last night, I started and finished Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley and it was awesome. No wonder it won all those awards! The narrator is 17 year old Cullen Witter. It's not only written in Cullen's POV but 2nd and 3rd person too, which was different and I really enjoyed it. There's also a story within the story. In between Cullen Witter's story, there is a story about Benton Sage. At first I was wondering where Benton's story was going but it definitely has a point! The summer before Cullen's senior year, his cousin dies of a overdose, his small town becomes obsessed over a woodpecker's reappearance, and his younger brother, Gabriel, disappears. This was a beautiful written, light-hearted story that becomes very suspenseful toward the end. I'm really glad I picked this one up! Everyone should read this one. Plus the author graduated from LA tech, which I thought was pretty cool. 

Next, I'm going to start A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff. It got really good reviews on bn.com and said it was a feel-good book, which is something I've been looking for. I've never read a vintage related book so I'm excited to see what this is like. If you read it, let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment