Monday, September 3, 2012

Up next

Since my last post, I finished 2 books on my list, Trunk Music and Where We Belong. First, Trunk Music was awesome. Every time I thought I had it figured out, I was wrong. There was a little twist at the end that I didn't see coming. Harry Bosch is one of my favorite characters. He is very real and nothing is sugar coated. Pick up anyone of his novels and you won't be let down. They're very suspenseful! Also, check out Michael Connelly's app. There's summaries of all his books and bios on the main characters! 

Second, I started and finished Where We Belong by Emily Giffin. This is her newest book and it definitely didn't disappoint. Marian Caldwell is a big New York TV producer dating the CEO of the TV company. She thinks she has everything figured out when late one night when an 18 year old Kirby Rose knocks on her door with the key to her past. Marian is forced to confront her past, resurrecting ghosts and a passionate young love affair. Kirby is then forced to reevaluate her family, friends and future. This story was beautifully written. Every other chapter is in Marian and Kirby's POV. My friend, Jennifer, and I discussed this after I read it, she did not care for the ending but I really enjoyed it. But we both agreed that we want a sequel that addresses a certain relationship (can't give anything away!). I highly recommend any of Emily Giffin's novels.


Up next is Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley. I'm excited about this one and can't wait to share! 

Yesterday, I went to Barnes and Noble to "browse" and ended up buying 2 more books, Angels Flight by Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch series #6) and A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff. I leave for the beach next week and think I will save Angels Flight for a good beach read! What are some good beach reads you've read this summer? 



3 comments:

  1. you read too fast. i came to comment about this post, and you had already posted something else! i seriously am keeping my fingers crossed for a sequel to Where we Belong. she did it for Something Borrowed with Something Blue. Starting the Hunger Games now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's true she did have other sequels! hurry up and finish the hunger games. i need to dicuss mockingjay ASAP! also, read where things come back after that. i think you'll really like. it had a really good ending.

      Delete