Saturday, October 6, 2012

Ten books every girl should read in her twenties..

Thanks to Pinterest, there was a pin about good reads for your twenties. I love inspiring books I should be reading! and I'm also obsessed in love with Pinterest. 

1. Confessions of a Shopoholic by Sophie Kinsella - I've read and it's so good. Every girl loves to shop but also needs to learn how to manage her addiction money. 

2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - might have to catch the movie on this one. I find it hard to get into Jane Austen :/

3. Girl's in White Dresses by Jennifer Close

4. The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank- this seems interesting 

5. Bitches on a Budget: Sage Advice for Surviving Tough Times in Style by Rosalyn Hoffman

6. What I Know Now: Letters to My Younger Self by Ellyn Spragins

7. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan- Read. Thanks to high school summer reading :). This is a good mother-daughter-relationship book

8. What Did I Do Wrong? LIz Pryor

9. 20-Something, 20-Everything: A Quarter-life Woman’s Guide to Balance and Direction by Christine Hassler

10. Single: The Art of Being Satisfied, Fulfilled and Independent by Judy Ford- Being single is for sure an art!

This is from Love Twenty, which is an online magazine for twenty-somethings. They have lots of great tips and ideas! I thought this was a great idea for a website/magazine...because I could use all the help I can get!
http://www.lovetwenty.com/
Check it out! 


Recap: 
I finished The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom. At first I didn't think I was going to like it because the sentences were real short and choppy and it seemed more like thoughts than a story line. It picked up after the first few chapters of background info. It ended up being a cute story but I can't say it was one of my favorites by Mitch Albom. If you read it, what'd you think? 

Up next: 
I started The Last Time I saw Paris by Lynn Sheene. So far so good! This woman leaves her husband for a man she loves in Paris during WWII. I keep thinking..."don't go to Paris during WWII!!" but she doesn't know the outcome of that just yet. Can't wait to see what happens! 



3 comments:

  1. I need to get on some of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Pride and Prejudice movie! Keira Knightley is so great in it. I think she should do every single Jane Austen movie. Also, I really enjoyed the movie Becoming Jane about Jane Austen. Anne Hathaway plays here and does an amazing job

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanna see Pride and Prejudice. It looks really good and I love Keira Knightley.

    ReplyDelete