Monday, October 15, 2012

The Secret Life of Bees..movie

Even though I read The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd in high school, I'm just now getting around to watching the movie. It's been on my DVR since July and I finally watched it last night. This movie was amazing!!! Now I did cry through the whole entire 2 and a half hours but still. If you loved the book, you'll love this movie. The cast was awesome. I love Dakota Fanning, she's an mature, amazing actress who started off at such a young age. Queen Latifah is awesome as usual but I really liked Alicia Keys. She's so gorgeous and plays her character with a hard heart so well. Now I don't remember details of the book since I read it so long ago so I cant compare how close the movie was to the book. But both book and movie were so heart felt and inspiring. You can't not enjoy this movie. The acting was so real that you really relate and feel close to all the characters.

I've never read anything else by Sue Monk Kidd. She has a new book out that she wrote with her daughter about their travels and relationship. And she writes a lot of inspirational books. Not really my style but if its yours, I'm sure she won't disappoint.

Anyone else enjoy the movie as much as I did?

No comments:

Post a Comment